1. Under the Medicare arrangements no charges are raised for services provided at the accident and emergency sections of ACT public hospitals.
2. If a student is subsequently admitted to hospital after receiving treatment in the accident or emergency section, s/he will be automatically classified as a Medicare patient and no charge will be raised.
3. If you elect to have the student treated by a doctor of your choice, a hospital charge will apply. The doctor may also charge for their services. You are advised to have medical insurance if you wish to choose this option.
Parents should send in payment to the class teacher for excursions etc. in a sealed envelope bearing:
• the child’s name
• the child’s class
• amount enclosed
• purpose (eg. Botanic gardens excursion)
• signature of parent/guardian
A receipt will be issued and sent home with your child. Payment envelopes are available from the front office.
Close and effective two-way communication between the school and the home is vital to the educational process. Parents are asked to make an appointment for any discussion with the Principal, Deputy Principal, Counsellor or teachers. An appointment will be arranged at the earliest possible time and attention will be given immediately to urgent issues. Parents are always welcome to visit the school. The main forms of communication from school to the home include:
• the weekly newsletter issued each Wednesday;
• parent/teacher interviews;
• formal reporting;
• information evenings;
• P&C/School Board meetings and functions.
Parents are assured that communication is always made when a child's progress or behaviour indicates that this is necessary. Likewise, it is very important that parents contact the school whenever anything occurs in the home environment which might affect your child's work.
Contact numbers and addresses need to be kept up to date with the front office. Children can be distressed unnecessarily when sickness or illness occurs and the contact number is not current.
Please discuss any special circumstances with the Principal and lodge copies of these orders/agreements with the front office. Court Orders can only be enforced if the school has a current copy. They are treated confidentially in our school.