Parents and Citizen's (P&C) Association
The Gilmore P&C is a vibrant group of parents and carers that is committed to supporting school programs, staff and the kids of Gilmore Primary.
Joining the P&C provides a great chance to meet new people, exchange ideas and become involved in your child's schooling.
It is a friendly forum where parents and carers interact, and have the opportunity to express their thoughts about school issues in a supportive environment.
All parents, other citizens and teachers may be members of the P&C Association.
Its roles are:
- to be responsible for the election of the three parent members of the School Board
- to plan and conduct general meetings of parents each month
- to provide an umbrella for sub-committees such as canteen, fundraising, etc
- to organise fundraising activities for the school.
We always welcome new members – why not come along to our next meeting?
Other areas of responsibility include:
- School Banking:
School banking with the Commonwealth Bank operates each Thursday. Deposits are handed into the front office or class teachers and are then processed by a volunteer that afternoon.
The school receives 25c commission from the Commonwealth Bank for each new account and also for each deposit over 50c thereafter.
Problems or enquiries should be directed to the parent representatives or the Commonwealth Bank.
Children can deposit to an existing Commonwealth Bank Dollarmite or Youthsaver account or can open a new account. Forms to establish a school bank account can be collected from the front office.
View website here
Scholastic Book Clubs are exclusively school-based clubs that offer teachers and parents an easy way to purchase the best children's books and software at low prices. Running Book Club is rewarding for:
- Students: access to the latest children's literature at discount prices
- Classroom: FREE resources with Bonus Coupons and Free Picks!
- Schools: more FREE resources with Reading Reward Points!
View website here